Myanmar, the charming country with stunning natural scenery, splendid gilded pagodas and friendly people, has become one of the hottest tourist destinations in Asia for the recent year. Taking a Myanmar vacation will be certainly a wonderful travel experience. However, traveling to Myanmar is quite expensive compared to some destinations in Southeast Asia such as Vietnam or Thailand. If you want to save your money, we suggest 5 following tips so that you can book cheap Myanmar vacation packages.
1. Book during the Off-SeasonThe low season is between April and October when it’s hot and rainy, and the high season is from November to February when it’s cool and dry. You will have more chance of booking cheap Myanmar vacation packages in the low season, especially in July and August (the peak of wet season). However, note that some regions become inaccessible in this time and some, such as Ngapali Beach, close altogether in preparation for the high winds and heavy rainfall that batter the coast. In addition, you should also not book the packages including hiking and biking activities as heavy rains will destroy your trip.
We suggest you should choose packages to Bagan or Mandalay in low season because those are the driest regions of the country, avoiding much of the annual rain.
2. Opt for a less expensive destinationYangon, Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake are the key destinations in Myanmar, which is synonymous with the fact that almost all tourist services are expensive. Particularly, the price of accommodations for in Mandalay is extremely high, which contributes considerably to the high total cost of packages. As a result, it’s better for you to choose less expensive destinations such as Kalaw, Taunggyi, Pyin Oo Lwin and Monywa in your Myanmar travel.
3. Take advantage of early booking bonusesLock in your vacation plans earlier and you’ll pay less. Early booking bonuses can sometimes save thousands of dollars on the cost of Myanmar vacation packages for your family. You’ll also likely have your pick of accommodations and dates.
4. Go the last-minute routeSee more: http://www.hellocoton.fr/mapage/voyagebirmanie
If you’re not traveling at peak times (such as New Year’s Day, based on Gregorian calendar) and you’re flexible about where you go, you can get some terrific last-minute deals. Note that Burmese people celebrate their New Year in early April. You should not travel to Myanmar at this time as most units such as shops, restaurants, and banks are closed.
5. Look for deals for kidsTraveling with the kids? Keep your eyes peeled for package deals where kids stay and eat for free.
The mentioned tips may help you book Myanmar vacation packages at a better price. However, keep in your mind that price is not the most important criterion to choose a package. Do not book “cheap packages” of disreputable travel agencies as your Burma tours may become a disaster with low-quality services and turns out to be expensive.